Living with the moon, living in the rhythm of the moon or having the respective moon phases in view, that was not a trend in the past and in many cultures worldwide, but a principle of life. One was closer connected with nature than it is often today by the technology influenced (not to say dominated) ways of life. If you look at the rhythm of work alone, it is more and more often in conflict with the biorhythm of the individual. This often cannot be changed, because machines and manufacturing processes sometimes have to run 24/7. Nevertheless, or perhaps because of this, more and more people are trying to incorporate the moon and its influence into the most diverse areas of life. Whether in everyday life , leisure, garden or also with regard to various health aspects, people align their activities, decisions and appointments according to the respective moon phases (new moon / waxing moon / full moon / waning moon).
Living with the moon
That the moon has influence can be seen most clearly by the ebb and flow of the tide. Nevertheless, even today there are many people who deny that the moon has influence on people and their lives. And often the influences that the moon seems to have, and that have been gained through experience and observation, are dismissed as superstition, since they cannot be analyzed with any technical measuring instruments. Another factor that plays a role is the widespread loss of one’s own mindfulness. In many cases, the inner voice (intuition / gut feeling) has become silent or so quiet that it is no longer perceived. Due to the advancement of technical progress (which has indisputably brought many advantages and conveniences), many nowadays trust more the trends propagated in the media, which sometimes turn out to be wrong after decades, than their own feeling. What is good for the individual person, everyone should know best for himself, provided he/she/it has not lost his/her/its access to the Inner Voice. As an example I would like to take the chicken egg, which for years was considered as a food that should not be too often on the menu, although an egg (of course from happy chickens / organic) certainly contains important nutrients for humans.
Moon and sustainability
With the emergence and the striving for more sustainability, the view of the moon also comes back into consciousness. Because if one makes use of the experiences about the moon phases, which were won over decades / centuries from observations (what changes on earth during the moon cycle), one can presumably save resources or switch to natural resources and thus make a contribution to sustainability.
At this point I would like to say that I would prefer to replace the term sustainability with the words with respect for nature and the environment, because sustainability is slowly degenerating into an advertising word that more and more companies write on the flag, even if they produce products that, from the point of view of nature-loving people, no one really needs or there are better alternatives. In such cases, it does not matter whether the product was produced sustainably.
back to the moon and its respective phases:
During its orbit around the Earth (about 28 days), we can see the moon in the phases of new moon, waxing moon, full moon, and waning moon. However, the moon also passes through the 12 signs of the zodiac (signs of the zodiac) during this time, passing through one sign of the zodiac in about 2.5 days before moving on to the next sign. Moon phase and position of the moon in the respective zodiac sign are of crucial importance. This results in the different influences that the moon is supposed to have on people and life on earth. These assumptions are based on empirical knowledge and observations gained over centuries if not millennia. Knowledge about the moon was and is therefore important for many people again. It is therefore useful to know in which phase of the moon and in which sign of the zodiac (Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces) the moon is on certain days, because these factors are supposed to be important factors by which the influence of the moon can be recognized.
Some may claim at this point, what a mumbo jumbo. Because what cannot be explained by scientific means or measuring instruments does not exist. Even if the consequences of the moon are clearly to be recognized or noticeable, there are again and again counter-arguments and all too often this topic is smiled at as superstition. But even if it is only faith, as is known, this can move mountains.
Basic principles living with the moon
From birth, the moon is said to play an important role and its influence on people and their lives is said to last until death, although this is said to vary in the different phases of the moon (new moon, waxing moon, full moon, waning moon).
- The time of the new moon is said to be especially suitable for new beginnings, breaking old habits and starting new projects. Moreover, the new moon is time of purification both for body, mind and soul, as well as home and car.
- The phase of the waxing moon, on the other hand, is the time of strengthening, building and starting new projects and to plant. The body, for example, should be able to absorb nutrients better in this phase. This is also an important aspect for those who are planning to diet, no matter how one feels about diets. And the body’s self-healing powers are also said to be particularly effective during this phase. Supportive measures for body, mind and soul are recommended at any time, but especially at this time.
- In the full moon the moon has the highest intensity. On these days you should be able to feel your strength especially. These days are also said to be especially suitable for harvesting medicinal herbs.
- Without going into detail, one could say that the phase of the waning moon is favorable for detoxifying and cleaning the body and mind, but also homes and cars and are. And even personal conflicts or relationship problems are said to be better solved in this phase.
However, this basic assumption does not mean that if you choose the wrong time, you should expect a total loss, but provided that you have chosen the right time, the probability of a good return or the achievement of a goal could be higher.
Conclusion, the time is important for many things & areas, decisions and activities!
The Moon in the Zodiac Signs:
During its orbit around the Earth, the Moon travels through the 12 zodiac signs of Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces, to which, among other things, specific body regions of humans are assigned in astrology. For example, if the moon is in the zodiac sign of Gemini on a certain day, to which the body regions of the shoulders and arms are assigned, then nurturing, regenerating, cleansing measures (activities) should lead to a better result, success or outcome than on other days. This does not mean that if one does good things for the respective organs or body region on other days, the success will be absent, but only that on certain days one could come to better results with the same applications.
One could therefore conclude that one should do good things for the respective organs or body region on days in which the moon is in the corresponding zodiac sign. Deep procedures such as surgeries, on the other hand, should be postponed, if possible, to other days not attributed to the affected organ or body part. Exceptions are emergency operations, which fall into a completely different area. It is also generally beneficial to do something good for your body and mind. On the respective assigned days, effects are to be selected however more favorably.
The moon passes through all 12 signs of the zodiac during about 28 days, passing through one sign of the zodiac in about 2.5 days before moving on to the next sign of the zodiac. The transitions occur at different times during the day, so that sometimes the previous zodiac sign still has effects on the respective day.
- Capricorn (22. December – 20. January) : Bones, knee, skin
- Aquarius (21. January – 19. February) : Circulation, lower leg
Pisces (20. February–20. March) : Feet
- Aries (21. March – 20. April) : Head, eyes, nose (brain parts)
- Taurus (21. April – 20. May) : Throat (neck), jaws, teeth, organs of speech
- Gemini (21. May – 21. June) : Shoulder, arms, hands, fingers
- Cancer (22. June – 22. July) : Breast, Lung, Stomach, Liver
- Leo (23. July – 23. August) : Heart, circulation, back
- Virgo (24. August – 23. September) : Digestive organs, intestines, nervous system
- Libra (24. September – 23. October) : Hip, bladder, kidneys
- Scorpio (24. October – 22. November) : Genital organs, urinary system
- Sagittarius (23. November – 21. December) : Hip, thigh, blood vessels
Zodiac signs and their associated elements:
The zodiac signs are also assigned different elements (fire, earth, air, water) from which the so-called quality of the day (heat days, cold days, air days and water days) is derived. This is also said to have an influence on people and their lives. Some foodstuffs assigned to the respective days are moreover supposed to be particularly well absorbed on these days.
- Fire : Aries, Leo, Sagittarius are fire signs (hot, dry days).
- Earth : Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn are earth signs (cold days)
- Air : Gemini, Libra, Aquarius are air signs (light days).
- Water : Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces are water signs (wet days)
- The days when the Moon is in the fire signs are also called heat days. Among other things, these are supposed to be favorable days for excursions. Usually one has also more energy on these days. Proteins, for example, are supposed to be better absorbed by the body on these days.
- The days when the moon is in the earth signs are also called cold days (earth days). Even with higher temperatures, many people feel a certain inner coldness on these days. This is said to come from the fact that the moon on these days should have an influence on the blood circulation system. The use of salt, for example, should then be limited.
- The days when the moon is in the air signs are also called air days or light days. On such days, among other things, plants should absorb more light than on others. The use of fat, for example, should be limited on these days.
- The days when the moon is in the water signs are also called wet days. On wet days the earth should be able to absorb moisture better, from this follows a favorable time for watering and when it rains it is especially favorable. With regard to food, on such days there is often a craving for sweets. They are carbohydrate days
Ascending / Descending Moon
One distinguishes further between ascending and descending moon. What is particularly important for agriculture and hobby gardeners.
During the phase of the ascending moon, the moon passes through the zodiac signs Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces, Aries and Gemini. In short, it is the time of harvest.
During the phase of the descending Moon, the Moon passes through the signs of Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio and Sagittarius. In short, it is the time of sowing and planting.
Moon & Horoscope
The position of the moon in the respective signs of the zodiac as well as the instantaneous moon phase, in which a person was born, are supposed to have besides and just like other planets of our universe, whose position at the time of the birth in the astrology for the production of horoscopes are consulted, influence on the character as well as the abilities of the individual.
You are skeptical?
Observe yourself as the moon, which accompanies us throughout life, changes its image in the sky as it orbits the earth, and you will most likely notice that your well-being, your reactions to events, or even your performance vary over the course of a lunar cycle. Also, take a lunar calendar to help you and test tips in your daily life. At first, it may be just little things that you’ll notice. A hearty and rich meal may be heavier in your stomach when the moon is waxing than when it is waning. Or when doing laundry, even the stubborn stains will come out if you try it on a waning moon.
So why not use these little tips if they are easy to apply in everyday life or could help in other areas of life. After all, sustainability is the goal that more and more private individuals as well as companies are pursuing. If moon rules could help us to save various things such as energy, detergents, or even food and still achieve good results, harvests or set goals, then that would be optimal and truly sustainable!
But sustainability is more than just the optimal use of resources. Sometimes a renunciation is necessary, which in the end is better for the respective person, the environment and nature than the short-term kick from consumption. And in the end, it is up to the buyer to decide what ends up on the supermarket shelves. Products fly out of the assortment faster than we think. But sometimes they end up back on the shelves under a different name. What everything is called vegan today, for example, sometimes amazes me. Everyone decides in the end for itself! But tolerance should be given by all sides, because only with insight you get in the end to the best results for all.
Living with the moon in everyday life
- To this day, there are holidays that are aligned with the position of the moon. Easter, for example, is still celebrated after the first full moon after March 21.
- Why is the cycle of the woman 28 days long and why is the mental rhythm also calculated in 28 days? Both rhythms are therefore just as long as a moon cycle! Judge for yourself and no matter what conclusions you draw, pay attention to yourself and observe your body as well as mind, keeping the respective moon phases in mind. And what does it matter if you postpone one or the other activity until the right time?
- There are more and more biodynamic gardeners who follow the lunar cycle when sowing, planting and harvesting and can show success with it. The pioneer in this field was Maria Thun, whose sowing calendars are still selling like hot cakes today.
Choosing the right time seems to have a positive effect on the yield or on the achievement of a goal, and this in the most diverse areas of human life.
Tips from the lunar calendars should be applied by everyone as he likes. They are not strict rules, but should support you. In addition, you should always listen to your inner voice and trust your intuition. As already written, the time is a decisive factor. And in emergencies completely different rules apply than in the lunar calendars. But for many areas, why not try out small tips if they are easy to apply in everyday life or could help in other areas of life and if, moreover, they help to save resources or money.
This short explanation about the moon should help you to understand lunar calendars better and in the best case to recognize by the position of the moon itself, which moon phases can affect people and their lives in which way.